The Case Everyone Is After
THE 19 DEGREE BRIEFCASE
Participate in this unique event, with the possibility of winning one of the limited editions Attaché shown in the Bullet Train movie.
Thanks for signing up!
How many times is the TUMI 19 degree briefcase shown in the first Bullet train movie trailer?
How many participants in this contest do you think there will be, from the 01/08/2022 10am until the 31/08/2022 at 5pm?
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BULLET TRAIN CONTEST
Entry into the contest is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Participants who do not agree should not proceed with the contest.
- ORGANIZER: TUMI Services GmbH., Hans-Böckler-Straße 6, 59423 Unna, Germany (hereafter “TUMI”), is organizing the Bullet Train contest, hereafter “the contest”, as described in these terms and conditions.
ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open to entrants over 18 years of age (hereafter “the Participants”. Directors, officers, management, employees, authorized agents and family members thereof or any of its affiliated companies or any other persons involved in the making of this Competition are not eligible to win a prize.
TUMI explicitly reserves the right to refuse or remove a Participant, at its sole discretion, in the event TUMI determines a Participant does not comply with all rules and regulations as contained herein.
- ENTRY WINDOW: The Competition is open from August 1st 2022 10 a.m. until August 31st 2022 at 5 p.m. CET (hereafter “the Contest Period”). Participation is only valid during the Contest Period.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: The Participants can enter the Competition on the following website https://at.tumi.com/en/.
To enter, entrants must visit the TUMI site at https://at.tumi.com/en/, go the “Enter for a Chance to Win” button which will bring you to the contest page.
By entering the Competition each Participant accepts these Terms and Conditions and shall reply to the two questions displayed at the landing TUMI x Bullet train raffle page (Question N°1 How many times is the TUMI 19 degree briefcase shown in the first Bullet train movie trailer?; Question N°2 How many participants in this contest do you think there will be, from the 01/08/2022 10am until the 31/08/2022 at 5pm?). The first participant that have given the correct answer to the first question and whose answer to the second question is closest to the correct answer shall be the winner of the contest. For the second question, the answers that overestimate the correct answer with the smallest difference win from the answers that underestimate the correct answer with the smallest difference, and in the event of ex aequo, the winner shall be the Participant whose entry was made first.
TUMI will not accept responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason, or if contact details provided are incomplete or inaccurate.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winner will be notified by e-mail within 28 days following the end of the Competition Period. Any change in e-mail/physical address of a Participant may be sent to email@example.com. If, having determined the winner, doubts appear on the accuracy of contact details provided by the winner, TUMI reserves the right to ask a copy of the passport/identity card in order to validate the allocation of the prize once and for all. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not confirm in writing acceptance of the prize within 10 calendar days of notification, TUMI reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and allocate the prize to a replacement winner and the original possible winner shall not receive any compensation. The winner shall supply full contact details (name, first name, e-mail and postal addresses). The contact date may be delayed due to unexpected circumstances. Decisions made by TUMI are final on all matters relating to the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
PRIZES: The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. The prize is awarded “as is” i.e. a collector’s item without warranty regarding the underlying performance of the product for travel purposes. Inconsistencies in quality, surface appearance and texture are inherent characteristics of the artisan nature and work of the artist and must not be considered defects. Regardless of how carefully prize is transported, handled and used, damage may occur and TUMI does not take responsibility. TUMI is not responsible for direct or indirect damages that occur as the result of the use or loss of the prize, regardless of cause. TUMI reserves the right to substitute the prize with a voucher for the value of 1900 euros to be redeemed on the TUMI website should the prize become unavailable for any reason, and Participants accept such voucher as their only remedy.
A Participant can only win the unique prize: a 19 Degree aluminum briefcase (143856-1776).
Subject to what is stated elsewhere in these terms and conditions, TUMI will use reasonable efforts to ship the prize to the winner who have confirmed acceptance of the prize in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- TERMINATION OF THE COMPETITION: TUMI has the right to vary these Terms, or terminate the Competition, at any time at its absolute discretion without liability to any entrant or other person, without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of TUMI’s control. TUMI will not award any prize if the Competition is terminated.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY: Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
It is not the responsibility of the TUMI to ensure that the contest does not contravene the laws and regulations of any country from which the entry and/or submission is being submitted, where it is being received or viewed. For the aforementioned reason, all responsibilities relating to the entries and/or submissions to the Competition will be borne by the Participant who, it is understood, have submitted such entries and/or submissions under their own responsibility and risk. In the event that any misfortune or damage should be experienced on the side of the Participant(s), TUMI will not be responsible.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, TUMI hereby excludes and shall not have any liability to any Participant or prizewinner in connection with or arising out of the contest howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited prizes, damages and other liabilities, save that TUMI does not exclude its liability for death or personal injury as a result of its own negligence.
By entering the contest, the entrant indemnifies TUMI against any and all actions, claims, damages, expenses or liabilities suffered or incurred directly or indirectly by TUMI in consequence of any breach or alleged breach, non-performance or non-observation by the Participant of any agreement, conditions, obligation or warranty on the part of the Participant herein.
In the event that any provision of these terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions which shall continue in full force and effect.
- JURISDICTION: Legal relationship between TUMI and the Participants is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
RELEASE: TUMI disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this contest, and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this contest should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond its reasonable control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of this contest.
By participating in this contest, Participants agree that no claim shall be asserted against TUMI, its affiliates or any of its respective directors, officers, employees or agents in respect of any damages, rights, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever that result from their participation to this contest and/or acceptance and enjoyment of the prize.
The contest is void where prohibited. To the extent permitted by law, the right to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this contest are hereby excluded and any Participant expressly waives any and all such rights.
Last Updated: 21/10/2021
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, such as:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- IP address
- Credit and debit card number
- Profile picture
- Social media account ID
- Travel information, including trip flight information
Collection of Personal Information
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
Through the Services.
- We collect Personal Information through the Services, for example, when you sign up for a newsletter or make a purchase.
- As part of our Services, we collect Personal Information from you via offline interactions, for example, when you visit our stores, attend one of our trade shows, place an order over the phone or contact customer service.
From Other Sources.
- We receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example, our affiliates, public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected) and from other third parties. In addition, if you elect to connect your social media account to your Website account, certain Personal Information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include Personal Information that is part of your profile or your friends' profiles.
We don’t collect and ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (for example, personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, data concerning health or data concerning a person's sex life or sexual orientation, or social security numbers, health) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers use Personal Information for legitimate business purposes including:
Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests.
- To provide the Services’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account, and providing you with related customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request a quote for or other information about our Services.
- To complete your transactions, and provide you with related customer service.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To allow you to send messages to another person if you choose to do so.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing.
- To send you marketing related communication – for example by e-mail, text message, phone, chat - with information about our services, new products and other news about our company.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use. We will engage in this activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
We will engage in this activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
Analysis of Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services.
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services.
- To better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
We will provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
Allowing you to participate in sweepstakes, contests or other promotions.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules containing additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information.
We use this information to manage our contractual relationship with you.
Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
- We aggregate Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information.
We do so to generate other data for our use, which we use and disclose for any purpose.
Accomplishing our business purposes.
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services.
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements.
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft.
- For developing new products and services.
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services.
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users.
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users.
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information:
- You can consult the list and location of our affiliates at www.aboutbags.com. Affiliates as used in this document means the entities controlled by, under common control with or controlling us.
To our third party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
- These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
To third parties, to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
To third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions.
By using the Services, you may elect to disclose Personal Information.
- On message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so
To comply with applicable law.
- This can include laws outside your country of residence.
To respond to requests from public and government authorities.
- These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
To cooperate with law enforcement.
- For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders.
For other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
“ Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as:
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
- Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity
If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law (e.g. under GDPR), then we use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Policy.
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
Through your browser or device.
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- When you download and use the App, we and our service providers track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
Using pixel tags and other similar technologies.
- Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
Using Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) and other similar technologies.
- We use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Services. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also go to the Global Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions (which may explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications.
- We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We also sometimes share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Uses and Disclosures in connection with Facebook
Third party services
Without prejudice to what is stated above regarding use and disclosure in connection with Facebook, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
Third party advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Choices and access
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
Receiving electronic communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe link in any marketing communication and by contacting us via www.aboutbags.com.
Our sharing of your Personal Information with affiliates for their direct marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by contacting us via www.aboutbags.com.
Our sharing of your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by contacting us via www.aboutbags.com.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
How you can access, change or delete your Personal Information
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us via www.aboutbags.com or by writing us at the address mentioned in the ‘Contacting Us’ section. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Use of services by minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 16, except in those countries where the minimum age is lower.
Jurisdiction and cross-border transfer
Your Personal Information can be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (comprised of the EU Member States, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway, together “ EEA”): Some of the non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available at: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/adequacy/index_en.htm. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission to protect your Personal Information.
Third party payment service
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your communication with us.
Additional information for individuals in the EEA
If you are located in the EEA, you also may:
- Contact us via www.aboutbags.com.
- Lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region, or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs. http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm